Lose yourself in a rustic bodega, visit a 1000 year old castle and taste the local food in a Michelin star restaurant.
WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO
A visit to a tiny local winery hidden in a shaded valley to find out why, just 30 minutes from the coast, its climate is more continental than Mediterranean. Taste the wines with some breakfast before walking up to visit the ancient medieval castle and enjoy the spectacular views over the Girona landscape and out to the sea. Finish up with a gastronomic delight in a little known Michelin star restaurant.
The visit starts at a tiny winery which produces small unusual varieties unknown to the area. Apart from tasting their wines we’ll enjoy a typical Catalan breakfast before we set off up the hill to the castle, which dates from the middle ages (X Century). From there we’ll take in the amazing views, which reach all the way to Barcelona and discover the inside of the castle.
After making the trip down we’ll be rewarded with a gourmet tasting menu with pairing of wines in a Michelin star restaurant close by.
WHERE ARE WE MEETING
We are meeting at Plaça de Catalunya, 21. Right in front of the Hard Rock Café. If you are a private group you can be picked up at your hotel.
8:30, please be there 10 minutes before for check in, I'll be there wearing a red barretina, (the traditional Catalan hat).
18:00, this is the time we expect to be back.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Transport on a minibus to the wineries, restaurant and back.
- Private driver.
- Small group (min. 5 people).
- Tasting of 3+ wines, Catalan breakfast and a main meal.
- Exclusive local English speaking guide and sommelier.
- Personal guide at the winery.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING
- Comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Sun protection cream (don't worry we won't be in the sun too long).
- In case of rain you might need an umbrella.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes. It’s an easy walk on a dirt track with a slight incline. (easy to medium difficulty)
Remember this is a wine focus tour, so under 18's are very welcome always accompanied by an adult.
If you have a dietary requirement or food allergy, please note it when booking.
This tour doesn't run every day, please ask for availability.
Send us an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org